Amethyst is a member of the quartz family. It has hardness 7, on the Mohs scale and crystallizes into the trigonal system. Its colour ranges from shades of pale purple to dark purple, from the traces of iron and aluminium in its composition, plus the natural or artificial irradiation it is subjected to. Amateur is found in many places in the world such as Brazil, Bolivia, Mexico, Africa, Canada, Russia, the United States and Europe.
Amethyst has been cherished for thousands of years for his beauty and legendary energies. The people of Neolithic, who lived in the area where Europe is now, used it since 25000 BC. of this Amethyst crystal were made beads and amulets in Ancient Egypt. The early societies of the Greeks and Romans gave great value to the Amethyst, considering it a royal stone for a long time, and using it to decorate the crowns, sceptres, and rings of the bishops. It is said that the Amethyst is the ninth stone of Judgment and one of the ten stones on which the names of the tribes of Israel were written.
The name Amethyst comes from the Greek, and it means against the beast, and an ancient Greek legend explains its origin: The god Bacchus, angry because of an insult, decreed that the first person he will meet will be eaten by his tigers. The unfortunate happened to be Amethyst, on its way to the altar of the goddess Diana. When the Tigers jumped on her, Diana turned her face into a clear, transparent crystal. Being remembered by his deed, Bacchus poured his grape juice over this wonderful crystal, and in this way, he got the gorgeous purple colour.
It is interesting to note how many of the spiritual properties attributed to Amethyst in the past are similar to those discovered intuitively in recent years. Amethyst is a stone that gives spiritual protection and purification. It helps us quit destructive habits. It is ideal for those who want to quit smoking, alcohol, and drugs. Stimulates the crown chakra and sustains meditation, calming your thoughts and helping us experience higher states of consciousness. Cleans the energetic field of negative influences and attachments, and facilitates the creation of an energy shield – a field of Spiritual Light around the physical body that defends us from the negativity in the environment.
Amethyst Violet Ray is the carrier of spiritual purification that many rely on to get rid of karmic baggage and diseases, and to protect themselves from psychic attacks and energetic. Amethyst is also an ideal stone for the purification of the environment. Placing clusters amethyst geodes or crystals at home, office or car, we have the feeling that we are surrounded and protected by a “bubble light”. That’s why Amethyst is recommended to everyone – from healers to psychologists, from teachers to shooters. If someone is sick, we can place an Amethyst in his room to maintain a “clean” atmosphere that is conducive to healing.
Wearing Amethyst, we will experience inner well-being and feel balanced. In any case, it is advisable to purify from time to time the Amethyst we wear, especially in contact with the skin. The easiest method is to keep the crystal in the running water for a minute, or even less while viewing its purification. Amethyst is one of the first stones to attract those who discover the Kingdom of Minerals. Its purple light, combined with its superior energy, turns it into an indispensable tool for those who start their way to their own spiritual evolution. Amethyst is a powerful tool for spiritual expansion and cognitive understanding.
Amethyst is a classic meditation tool. His energy allows us to enter easily into a meditative state and remain conscious when we are in perfect communion with divine energy. Amethyst vibration stimulates the upper mind and facilitates brain functions. Due to its ability to stimulate the third eye chakra, crown chakra, and etheric chakras, Amethyst is the natural choice for activating parapsychic powers and opening up intuition. Its superior energy works as a barrier against lower energies, turning it into an effective shield for those who manifest their parapsychic powers and intuitive work.
The Amethyst’s energy builds a cocoon of Light around the aura, creating a powerful field that helps us stay clear when we are open to a spiritual direction and information that we receive intuitively. Amethyst’s ability to activate the upper mind allows us to have a better understanding of the dynamics and the causes of the experiences of our present life. Due to this increased clarity and calm of mind and thoughts, we can overcome the addictions, counteracting the effects of drugs on the functions of the brain, while sharing our own blessed, peaceful energy.
Amethyst supports us not to make decisions based on emotions but urges us to act based on superior spiritual guidance and spiritual understanding. In the process of healing, Amethyst helps us to understand the cause of the disease or imbalance. Its ability to provide clarity helps us to identify the destructive beliefs, behaviours, and habits that created the energy imbalance that has inevitably embraced in the physical plane. Besides its effects on the Spirit, the Amethyst has great curative and purifying powers. This crystal removes all kinds of blockages and addictions.
Traditionally, it was believed that Amethyst protects against drunkenness. Used at a higher level, Amethyst opens the door to another reality. During the meditation, the amateur casts away thoughts that distract attention, allowing for peace and deep understanding. It is useful when insomnia is caused by an overactive mind and protects against recurring nightmares. Improves memory and strengthens motivation, allowing us to set realistic goals. It helps us remember and understand dreams, facilitating the viewing process.
Amethyst casts out mania, anger, fear, and anxiety, calms sadness and anguish, favours love for the divine, and encourages altruism and spiritual wisdom. It is an excellent stone for meditation. Sleeping with an Amethyst, I’m facilitating extra-corporal travel and intuitive dreams. Amethyst transmits inferior energies into high-frequency energies, which are unique to the spiritual worlds.
Spiritually, Amethyst facilitates meditation and paves the way for communion and communication with spirit guides. It opens and purifies the third eye chakra and the crown chakra, accelerating the development of intuitive and parapsychic abilities. On the emotional plane, Amethyst helps us identify the underlying causes of behaviours, habits and emotional patterns that create imbalances and illnesses. This powerful ally supports us to recognize our own responsibility for the spiritual being with physical experience.
In the mental plane, it helps us to gather, and to feel more focused and masterful on the situation, facilitating the assimilation of new ideas and linking the cause of an effect. It favours decision making, appealing to common sense and spiritual revelations, then putting them into practice. At the physical level, Amethyst has traditionally been used to combat patterns of thinking and addictive behaviours. It balances the nervous system and the brain. It’s a real help in ear-tingling and nerve disorders. Amethyst’s energy also supports blood oxygenation, improving oxygen uptake and waste gas removal, especially if combined with iron-rich stones like Hematite and Magnetite.
For spiritual protection, it works great, especially if it is combined with Moldavite. Amethyst generates the characteristic Light shield and Moldavite elevates the vibrational level to where we no longer resonate with the low energies of the negative entities. The spiritual connection generated by Ametist is amplified if combined with stones like Azeztulit, Fenacit, Scolecite and Natrolite. Amethyst harmonizes perfectly with all Cuart varieties – Citrine, Smoky Quartz, Colorful Quartz, Chrysoprase, Opal, Tiger Eye and all types of Chalcedony.
Suggested and Amateur are the best pair that can help us quit obsessive and addictive behaviours. Other stones that enhance the protective qualities of Amethyst are Black Tourmaline, Healer’s Gold, Obsidian, and Jaisu. Amethyst stimulates hormonal secretion and balances the endocrine system and metabolism. Improves the activity of the excretory organs and the immune system. He’s an excellent blood purifier. It relieves physical, emotional and psychological pains, eliminates psychological stress and blocks geopathic stress.
Calms headaches and eliminates tension. This stone heals bruises, wounds and bumps, hearing disorders, pulmonary and respiratory diseases, skin disorders, digestive system and cellular problems. It is beneficial to the intestines, to regulate intestinal flora, to eliminate parasites and to absorb water in dehydration cases. Treat insomnia and ensure a restful sleep.
In the subtle plane, Amethyst balances and unites the physical body, the mental body and the emotional and the spiritual body. Purify the aura and transmute the negative energy. Stimulates the neck chakra and crown chakra. It can be of great help to those who are preparing to move into the world beyond. Amethyst can stabilize psychiatric disorders, but should not be used in cases of paranoia or schizophrenia.
Can be held in the hand or placed on the affected site. It can be worn especially in the form of jewellery. Clusters and geodes can be placed anywhere in the environment. Isolated crystals can be used for healing. The tip should be directed either to the body to attract energy either in the opposite direction to dissipate energy. If worn at the neck for maximum effects, it is advised to get to the right of the heart or be kept as close to the neck chakra. In the case of insomnia or for chasing away nightmares, it can be kept under the pillow. The amethyst loses its colour in time if it is exposed for a long time to sunlight, and its properties are also affected.
- Description: Purple quartz variety, sometimes showing wavy or concentric striations, purple or purple with transparent or white inserts
- Chemical composition: Silica Dioxide with Manganese Inserts (SiO2 + Mn). The purple color is due to impurities of copper and manganese
- Hardness: 7 (out of 10) Gloss: glass
- Colors: lilac or purple, with white or transparent stripes in successive or perfectly transparent layers. The best quality is the completely transparent amethyst. Color becomes smoother in intense sunlight.
- From history and legend: It was said that drinking from an amethyst cup could prevent intoxication and heal the beast The Greeks believed that this stone brings love and happiness and protects against any intoxication
- Birth month: January, February, December
- Talisman: of the Pisces
- Birthday: Wednesday
- Governing or dominant planet: Neptune
- Numerological Influence: for those born under the influence of numbers 3, 4, 8
- Anniversary: Offers at 6, 12 and 14 years from birth or marriage
- Chakras: 4, 5, 6, 7
- Professions: managers, business people, financial experts, computer operators, computer scientists, church ministers, students and students, scientists, mathematicians, poets, writers, photographers, clerks, tourism, show business, public relations, clairvoyants, astrologers, bio-energetics, other spiritual activities.
- It is a stone: of spirituality, of business success
- Protects: against negative thoughts, against black magic, against evil thoughts, curses, psychic attacks, dangers, evil spirits, against betrayal and deceptions. A very strong protective role for those who do not feel safe or for those who fear accidents or dangers. (It is said that if an evil void does something against the bearer of these stones, the amethyst changes colour and warns of the danger)
- Stimulates and amplifies: human intellectual and spiritual capacities, psychic qualities, courage, spiritual opening, feeling of gratitude, intuition, common sense, extrasensory capacities, self-esteem, respect for one’s own person, personal charm, concentration, sustained work, spiritual abilities
- Conduct and bring: power, stability, endurance, peace, good judgment, inner peace, dreams, calm, love, happiness, friendship, protection, new ideas, a direction in moments of confusion, financial stability, prestige, and recognition
- Reduces: anger, anxiety, nightmares, stress, agitation, depression, sadness, despair, lack of communication
- Helps: channelling energies, giving up vices, tempering obsessions or addictions (helps tobacco addicts, food, alcohol, sex to give up if it is specifically programmed for this purpose), professional achievement, career success, getting supremacy in front of the opposite sex
- Good for: meditation, prayer, fasting, and regression in previous lives
- Other qualities: purify, calm, transform lower energies into higher energies, turn negative energy into positive energy, have a calming effect or stress relief in painful periods, balance karma, relate to the divinity and spiritual side of each, must be worn of believers or those who wish to amplify their religious and divine faith, at reaching high levels of spirituality, spiritual enlightenment, understanding the stages of transformation in human life, such as death or birth, the loss of someone dear; under the pillow, helps in case of insomnia. Makes the distinction between reality and illusion
- Tip: The water in which a clean amethyst was kept (after the purification procedure) has beneficial effects; the water can also be used for plants
- Health: Helps heal, absorbs pain in stone, protects health. Beneficial in case of insomnia, headache, beneficial to the eyes, hair, stomach, central nervous system, digestive system, endocrine system. Balances blood glucose, displaced behaviours: kleptomania, alcoholism, dangerous addictions, vices. It has a sedative effect, it gives a quiet sleep (it is said to have the quality to reduce snoring). Good for diabetes, convulsions, neuralgia, headaches, allergies, acne, migraines, back pain, hangover, gynaecological problems. Helps regenerate tissues
Amethyst can be held in the hand, worn at the neck, or used in meditation; is very useful for restoring mental balance. Amethyst is especially helpful to people who are currently suffering from nightmares. Before bedtime put an amethyst crystal on your forehead and program it to protect you during your sleep. Then put it under the pillow and sleep quietly (it is recommended for anyone who wants to have nice dreams). Due to the effect of mitigating the mind, amethyst is a stone that can be used in overwhelming or overwhelming mental states. It is one of the best stones that can be used in case of tension or migraines because it alleviates the mental anxiety that tends to cause these pains.
Be the first to hear about the latest news & online exclusives.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.