We do not think for a moment how bad we do to our eyes sitting in front of the computer from morning till night. We forget that the eyes are extremely sensitive, an entirely unique organ that scientists have failed to fully understand.
The colour of our eyes affects the way we feel the pain, it shows how strong we are to alcohol and our sports abilities. According to researchers at the University of Pittsburgh, women with light-colour eyes experiment less pain during delivery compared to women with brown or dark eyes. Also, people with light-colour eyes have a higher resistance to alcohol. Anatomy can be fun too. That if you know where to look and what information you are looking for.
Eyes can be a very interesting organ. And specialists have found plenty of things to say about eye colour and personality or intelligence of each. People with brown eyes are nice, loyal, serious and very practical. They like to make new friends and are devoted to the couple’s partner. They are smiling and kissing very well.
People with green eyes are smart and unpredictable. They have the patience of iron, they get tired and they are emotionally stable. They are creative and focus very well, even in agitated environments. They are passionate and attractive and more tempted by long-term relationships. If you have blue eyes, you rely on intuition. See things from the first time, while others do not even notice them on demonstration schemes. You have a well-developed sixth sense and you can read people with one glance. The magnetic power of your eyes may “kill” them for a second, and you know that and you use this seductive weapon.
The mysteries of the eyes
We do not think for a moment how bad we do to our eyes sitting in front of the computer from morning till night.
We forget that the eyes are extremely sensitive, an entirely unique organ that scientists have failed to fully understand.
Here are some incredible things we do not all know about the eyes:
- The pupil dilates up to 45% when looking at the loved one.
- The cornea of the human eye is similar to that of sharks, the latter being able to be used in humans in a surgical intervention for a corneal transplant.
- Each eye contains 107 million cells, all of which are sensitive to light.
- One in 12 men is a daltonist.
- The human eye only perceives three colors: red, blue and green. The rest are just combinations of these.
- The human eye has a diameter of about 2.5 cm and weighs about 8 grams.
- Fingerprints contain 40 unique characters. On the other side, the iris has 256 characters. That’s why using retinal scan for security.
- People use the expression “as you blink” because the eye muscles are the fastest in the body. A blink lasts between 100 and 150 milliseconds, so it’s possible to blink five times in a second.
- People are blinking, on average 17 times a minute, 14,280 times a day and 5.2 million times a year.
- Eyes can process approximately 36,000 bits of information every hour.
- The brown eyes are, in fact, blue under the brown pigment. There is a laser intervention that can turn brown eyes into blue eyes.
- The human eye can focus on about 50 things per second.
- The images that the eye transmits to the brain are sent upside down.
- Each eyelash has a lifespan of about 5 months.
- The Mayas believed that people with strabismus were attractive and were making efforts to ensure that their future children were born with strabismus.
- Ten million years ago, everyone had brown eyes, until someone suffered a genetic mutation and was born with blue eyes. This means that people who have colored eyes thus share a common gene with the man with the first blue eyes in the world.
- People and dogs are the only species that can read the intentions of a person just looking in the eye, and in the case of dogs, this happens only in relation to people.
- The pirates covered an eye so that they could quickly adapt both the strong light on the deck and the darkness inside the ship.
- We see with the brain, not with the eyes. In most cases, the sight in the fog or distorted has nothing to do with the eyeball. This is a problem in the visual cortex of the brain.
- People who blinded throughout their lives maintain their ability to see in the dream
- Eyes use 65% of our brain energy, more than any other part of the body.
Be the first to hear about the latest news & online exclusives.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.